Promote educational theatre by:
- Initiating involvement in political organizations and obtaining position statements from politicians.
- Getting involved in the election process of the SBOE.
- Encouraging members to get acquainted and interact with elected officials.
- Encouraging members to be aware of issues and positions of candidates which impact the arts.
- Sending organizational publications as appropriate to the Texas Commission on the Arts (TCA), the SBOE, legislators and the Governor.
- Offering teacher training in public relations through workshops and inservices.
- Inviting members of state and local governments to the annual convention to conduct programs dealing with current issues affecting theatre.
- Inviting members of state and local governments to attend the convention as special guests.
- Verifying and publicizing that theatre positively affects local economy.
- Interacting effectively with other arts, political, and educational organizations.
- Coordinating strategies for advocacy of national and state educational theatre programs and curricula with national theatre organizations.
Increase public respect and support for TETA by:
- Maintaining a high profile.
- Continuing to promote organizational activities.
- Publicizing the availability of materials and resources to the Regional Service Centers.
- Establishing a plan of interaction with other arts related organizations.
- Appointing a liaison to develop programming for and provide information to the American Association for Curriculum
- Development, Texas Association of Secondary School Principals, Texas Association of Elementary School Principals, Texas Association of School Administrators, and Texas Association of School Boards.
- Encouraging and recognizing civic involvement of individual members.