Nominations are now being accepted for the Educator of the Year in each of the four sections (Middle School, High School, Jr. / Community College, and College / University) ; and for the Founders Award. Nomination forms can be printed from this website. Nominators are responsible for providing.
- A formal letter of nomination
- A vita of the nominee
- The address of the nominee's administrator and news media in the nominee's area
- Three corroborating letters from others in support of nomination sent by your request. It is recommended that one be from an administrator from the nominee's school.
In addition, the nominator will be asked to introduce the nominee at the convention, should the award be approved by the TETA Board of Directors in September. Your nominee will not be considered if all documentation is not received before the September Board Meeting. No nominee will be voted on without a full packet of documentation.
The awards bestowed each year include:
- FOUNDERS AWARD
- EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR AWARDS (University and College, Community/Junior College, High School and K-8)
- Past Educator of the Year Recipients
- These four awards are given in recognition of outstanding accomplishment in the teaching of theatre.
- The recipient must be a member of TETA.
- A maximum of one award from each interest group may be given a year.
- Click HERE to submit a nomination.
Questions about the awards process should be directed to Gloria McLuckie, firstname.lastname@example.org